Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wow, how did I get here...

Where is "here"? "Here" is gaining back every single pound lost after the lap band was removed. But HOW did I get here. That's easy. Out of control eating, no exercise, "busyness" and about a million other explanations that really just amount to excuses. BUT it is a new year, every day is a new day. This year I turn 40. We have BIG goals for this year, so why not add a healthier me to the list.

One of my favorite quotes is "direction determines destination". If what I am doing is not a step towards where and what I want to be, then I will never reach my destination. EVERY thing I do must lead me to my goal or it is time wasted. The Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years before they made it to the promised land. 40 is MY the magic number.

No comments:

Post a Comment