Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back on the Bus


My daily affirmation reads,

"God in his infinite ability and love for me will bless my life. He will bless me with peace, love, happiness and wealth. He desires to provide me with not only my present needs but the desires of my heart."

Surrounding that affirmation on my vision board are all of the goals I intend to achieve in this life. A few of them are to be debt free, to serve others, to have raised children that love the Lord, to have a home full of love and laughter...and, of course, to be thin and physically fit.

The point in all this is that, despite past failure, I am not giving up. There will be a day that I can look back and say I "used to be _______, man it was hard getting here, but I did it, and I am so glad I did!"

Today was a particularly hard day. I did not eat before going to church and by the time I got home, I had to turn right around and take Maddie to her missions meeting. I was STARVING. When I walked in the door, both Debbie and Curtis were eating their lunch, nothing that I could have; it sure smelled delicious!

I was patient. I pulled out all my fresh veggies, chopped them up. I preheated the oven and started thawing my fish. I was tempted and very close to eating a few tortilla chips on the counter. I heard my natural self say, "its O.K., one chip won't hurt" LIES! One chip will hurt because one chip turns into two, then half a bag, then then guilt sets it and as soon as I know it, I am back off the bus.

Not this time. This time I am on the bus and sometimes being on the bus is really hard, but it gets us to our destination, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment